OT '92 Ford Tempo lock problem

Seeing as I had a Topaz (tempo twin)...twas the first car I drove, as we were
poor urbanites, and I had to drive my mothers car....The actual handle is the
culprit...the left side of the handle where it connects to the latch probably
broke, a common domestic problem in the 80's-early 90's...the cheezy pot
metal broke, so even though you're pulling on the handle, it's not actually
pulling on the latch...can you open it from the inside? probably not....you might
want to check the "child proof lock" switch too...it's the one on the inside of
the door, right above the latch...made out of plastic...prevents the inside
handle of the door from working.  I think Ford makes a repair kit for this
problem...check the stealership....

Patrick Boyle