Feeler: Group Buy for Dashboard Restoration

Rhett Farnum wrote:

> With the great fabricators we have on the list what about making fiberglass
> and CF replicas? I know a degloss would probably be needed ove the cluster
> to keep the glare down but it would probably be lighter than the original
> dash and no way in hell would it break. And of course the option of colours
> would be endless. If I could get some interest I may even be willing to
> create this. It wouold take a whiel but they would be very unique!!
>
> Peace Out,
> Rhett

I don't like the hardness of fiberglass. Even though the stock dash has
gotten very stiff over time I would prefer to if not fully strip then
fill and spray it with a rubberized type coating.

<http://www.plastidip.com/consumer>

The Industrial portion of the site mentions a UV formula is available.

I painted some flaking gold tone rims (BBS knock off) and they have been
out in the California sun and rain for a few years now with only a
slight dulling of the surface, nothing some Klasse of Forever Black
couldn't fix.

I'll see what I can come up with.

TBerk