TMI Carpet Kits ?

I have the TMI kit. I bought it through JBugs. Great guy to talk to on
the phone. I recommend them.

But I should mention that the stock carpet is not any more "one piece"
than the TMI kit. The eight pieces of the TMI kit include the rear cargo
cover, the fixed side pieces for the rear cargo cover, the two bits that
follow the front edge of the doors, the two pieces on the floor (before
and after the seat rail), and a little piece to connect them over the
center tunnel. As far as I could tell from the remnants of my original
carpeting, that's pretty much what VW had in 1977.

It's possible that the later Mk1's made the floor all one-piece, but
that would still be a four or five piece kit. If so, then I can only say
that the TMI kit is pretty good quality. No, not quite "factory", but as
good as any aftermarket carpet I've ever seen...MUCH BETTER than 25 year
old ratty carpet!

BTW, the kit does NOT come with a trunk floor piece, or the bits that go
over the inside of the rear wheel wells in the trunk. The early Mk1's
(like my '77) didn't have these from the factory anyway, but I know the
later Mk1's had a piece of carpet over the inside of the wheel wells (I
got some off a later car), and may have had carpet on the trunk floor
too.

Neal