Timing problems!!!

Sounds like you messed up the cam timing...

- make sure the #1 cylinder (closest to the timing belt) is at TDC (flywheel
timing mark points to the "0" divit)

- make sure the timing mark on the cam sprocket is pointed at the point
where the valve cover meets the head at the front of the engine (use the
mark on the back of the sprocket - sometimes there are other markings on the
front)

- pop off the distributor cap and check to see if the rotor is pointed at or
near the #1 plug wire (if the cam timing was setup using the procedures from
a manual, the rotor should be pointing at the line on the distributor
housing - which should also point at or near the #1 plug wire, and the dot
on the intermediate shaft should line up with the notch in the crankshaft
pulley).  This isn't all necessary for the engine to run properly though -
as long as the rotor is pointed at the #1 plug wire and the cam sprocket is
lined up with the valve cover while the #1 cylinder is at TDC it should fire
up, only needing fine tuning of the ignition timing with a timing light...
It's nice to have the intermediate shaft lined up properly though - it makes
it easier for someone else working on your car later.

HTH,

Mark
80 S
81 S