Runners on 2.0 vs. 1.8, 16v

The intake runners on a 16v, 2.0l motor are larger than the runners on
the 1.8l.  The manifold volume (the space between the throttle body and
the runners) is also larger.  Is it worth keeping the larger runners and
moving the fuel lines (and stock fuel injection, engine management) to
the passenger side?  At that point you might as well switch the Motronic
over too however,  I am not looking forward to that swap.  I was just
envisioning keeping the 1.8l head and FI as the easiest set up.
Any comments?