Louvers

>> But seriously, I test-drove a '78 with louvers like that. They didn't
> rattle at all, and the owner liked them because they keep the sun out
> but still allow decent rear visibility.

Not only this but if you live anywhere whey you get a lot of moisture like
morning dew or whatever they seem to stop the dew from getting to the
window.  What this means is that you don't have to squint or only use your
side views if you don't have a rear wiper plus if it freezes where you live
no frost!  I had a old school type of wing (Zender I believe) or visor type
deal on my Rabbit and it never got dew or frost on about the top 8 inches or
so.  The car was too old for the rear wiper so this helped alot.

Dave