Louvers

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 00:03, E.Noval wrote:
> Anyone ever see or use these things ???
>
> Looks like an alternative to filming the rear glass.
> Wonder if they rattle.
>
> http://www.spoilers4less.com/scirroco1.html

After you get them on, we'll have to make sure the car gets into the
Magnum PI reunion show. Very retro! :)

But seriously, I test-drove a '78 with louvers like that. They didn't
rattle at all, and the owner liked them because they keep the sun out
but still allow decent rear visibility. Not my style, personally. I'd
just get tint. But I don't think they look completely out of place on a
Mk1 Scirocco since that was kind of a popular thing to do in the late
70's and early 80's. It's all a matter of what look you prefer.

Just make sure that they have a hinge or can be un-clipped easily.
Cleaning the rear window could be a MAJOR pain otherwise! I think the
one I drove had a hinge so the louvers would swing up and give you
access to the glass.

--
Neal Tovsen <nealtovsen@yahoo.com>