I picked up a 2.0l 16v motor (with a Passat arround it)

I just picked up a 1990 Passat with a blown automatic transmission.  The
car has 100k miles on it and otherwise looks like it is in great shape
(pics available on request).  I am hoping to put the 2.0l in the
Scirocco and part out the rest of the Passat.  The sheet metal and
interior are perfect.  It is almost worth trying to find an automatic
transmission for it.

Now I will really be bothering JT and Raffi with questions.  I think
Dave mentioned that Allyn is an expert in this conversion so I should
warn him too.

Finally, Dave keep up the search, you will find one and I hope as cheap
as this one was!

Rick Kellner.