Oil Temp

Adam wrote:

> Quick Question:
> What is the normal operating temp's for oil in a 1.8 8V watercooled engine in celcius...?
>
> Adam
>
> _______

90c - Running coolish.
100 - Boiling water out of the oil, a good thing.
110 - Normal. (ish)
125 - Running hard, but OK w/ modern lubricants.
135 - You're in the real Hot zone.
150 - 'Boinen'!

Normal is relative. Readings via the dash gauge often are misleading due
to voltage drop(s). Also, different parts of the motor are hotter than
others, like the crank (bathed in oil and down in the air stream) vs the
exhaust valves & head (with it's dealing w/ combustion and high relative
motion).

I could fine tune those temps if I bothered to crack a book open, but-
nah. I know everything.

TBerk
head... too... big, neck unable... to... support weight...