Window troubleshooting help...

Check the felt on the inside of the vertical window channels (where the sides
of the glass slide up the door.)  My brother had the same problem on his GTI.
Window got very hard to roll up past 3/4 closed.  the felt had come off at the
top of the track and the glass would bind up on the exposed rubber.  He broke 3
assemblies before we figured it out.

My scirocco occasionally has the same problem when the felt gets wet.

hth.
Matt