Engine/tranny Question

> My scirocco (85 8v) has been sitting in the yard for the past 4 years, as
> I have been using other cars. I have a 93 RX-7 and an 83 Lotus Esprit.

nice collection ya got there...

> My main problems with my 85 are that the tranny keeps slipping out of
> 5th

you are low on tranny fluid. dont move the car until you get some fluid in
there.

> So Id like to find out who has gotten 250hp or more out of their rocco and
> how this can be done with another engine.

i've seen some decent hp numbers from simply adding a turbo to your existing
8v engine. the turbo diesel manifold bolts right up.

> Can anyone give me any ideas of
> what can be transplanted in the car (engine + tranny combo) that will
> fit without too much "slicing and dicing" of the car?

you can go all the way up to a 2.0 16v using stock mounts. some form of g60
can go in there with minor mods i believe. 1.8t is also possible, but it
makes too much torque for the chassis, so you'd have to reinforce everything
or make the switch to an a2 style subframe.

> Thanks for the time,
> Ed (in NJ)

no problem

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger Scirocco GTO 2.0 16v (daily driver, 190k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (30% complete, rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (rocco #8)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (wifes daily, 285k)