help pricing a rocco

I've found a rocco for sale in my local area and I'm wanting the lists opinion on what I should offer for it as the owner is asking $2200.00.

It's listed as being an 86 wolfie.  Has the wolfsburg badging and the cruise control sdtick.  Body is a bit rough, it's white would need repainting.  Has some rust on the front fenders down low and close the wheel arching.  Drivers side has been scraped down something as there is some minor creasing length-wise down the door.  It has the leather interior (black) and everything is in pretty good shape save the drivers seat (as is the norm).

Now the kicker is that it has the Kami X1 skirts on the car (with some damage) and the Kami X1 badges (not that it means much).  They look to be repairable though.  The engine was "supposedly" torn down and rebuilt about 64k ago (jh 8v).  Basicly, I'm looking at this car to be a bit of a project.  The current owner knows nothing about the car other then it got great gas milage for the last 2 years thats he's owned it.

So what kind of offer should I make.  No real telling how many miles are on the car.  There are some rust issues and some minor interior issues.  The body kit would need to be pulled and repaired and I'm sure there are some rust issues on the underside of the car as well.  So what kind of offer should I make O' guru's of the list?  I'm meeting with the owner tomorrow at the cars location tomorrow.  I'll take some pics and post them since I know thats what is truely needed to help make a proper guess.  But for now I'm just looking for rough guestimates that I could use.

Thanks All,

William S