VW's next Scirocco?

Tell me more, tell me more!  did he have a big car?  Oops, sorry, Grease getting in the way.  Um... where are pics???

Mike

"Tyler P." <ty@festf.org> wrote:
Ok, I'm going to have to scan the article and bring it in but one my car
mags (either car and driver or motortrend) have a short blurb about cars
coming out in the next few years. One picture they show is of a new two
seater vw coupe. It looks something like an audi tt with a little
Porsche thrown in.

Here's what makes me wonder if its their next scirocco... First it is
said to have a curb weight of 1650 lbs. It will be powered by a 2.0 non
turbo engine, do 0-60 in the 6 second range, and offer very little as
far as electronics (no power windows or steering). Sounds a heck of a
lot like what a new scirocco should be.

The only real difference is that it will be rwd... this is what a
scirocco should be any way though as it helps with weight distribution
if your trany and diff aren't at the front of the car.

Oh yea, and the real kicker is its suppose to be priced at about $20,000

>From memory of discussion on this list this basically answers all
arguments as to why vw should not bring out a new scirocco... most being
that the car would be too expensive and too heavy

Now it would just be cool if they actually call it the scirocco seeing
as they are back into strange names for cars (phaeton, toureg)

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source