JH engine related (not in a Scirocco)

Sorry it should read an 86 Cabby not Caddy.
----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    bmcfadde@comcast.net
To:      scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: JH engine related (not in a Scirocco)
Date:    Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:03:34 +0000

I have just purchased an 86 Caddy to keep my 82 Rocco company in the garage.
The engine has over 150K on it and is revving up and down when it is first
started and idling.  As it warms up this seems to get a little better.  It also
wants to die (sometimes) when I slow down or stop.  Where to I start to look
for the problem.  Please don't say Bentley, cause I've already ordered one,
today.

Thanks,
Barry