cruise control Q's

> humm good question, was there any MFA cars with cruise control ?, you have

Yes. 1990-1992 German Jetta GLIs had both MFA and cruise.

But they have a different computer in the cluster as far as I can tell by
looking at the wiring diagrams. I think that means I have to get a
cluster from that particular car in order to use both cruise and MFA.

The MFA uses 3 wires from the speed sensor and the cruise uses two. It
seems the cruise circuit just shorts two of the three wires together..
something I don't think the MFA would like. I think the different computer
"shorts" them by harmlessly combining the signals with transistors and the
like.

> the stalk to also install (bleh), the computer reside inside and under the

The stalk is installed already; forgot to mention that.

> glove box btw, and the vaccum pump reside on the passenger side of the

The computer attaches to the underside of the glovebox, eh? I'll take a
look and see if I can figure out just how.

> engine bay flat against the front of the rain tray, you will find matching
> holes there to screw/bolt it on. (picture attached, not a very good one mind
> you, but at least you get the idea of the location. its connected across the

Okay; I'll look and see if I can spot what you're talking about. The
trouble is I have two pump mounting brackets - one from an 8v Golf and one
from an Audi 4000.. so both are likely different than the Scirocco
bracket. I'll figure something out... mounting stuff is the easy part!

-Toby