cruise control Q's

Okay, so I'm working on installing the cruise control parts I've had for
the past 9 months in my 16v.

The pedal (vacuum/electric) switches are in and I've come up with a
servo mounting bracket and throttle body linkage system (although I need
to do some more welding to get the linkage "finished"; right now it's
just zip tied together), so the hard part is almost done.

Anyway.. all that's left is mounting the pump and computer, running the
wiring harness and vacuum lines and (especially) connecting the wiring for
the speed sensor.

So my question is this- I have an MFA and it already has a speed sensor in
the back of the speedo. The flexible circuit board thing comes up and
plugs in to the back of it. What should I do about this? Is the speed
sensor signal available on the connector 'bus' at the bottom of the
cluster somewhere? Or can I piggyback the two wires for the cruise on the
sensor just by soldering them on (in parallel)?

Also, what is the stock mounting location for the cruise control pump on
Sciroccos? I'd like to put the pump there if I can.

Thanks!

-Toby