What a drive. Wow

On my way to see the "Two Towers" this evening with my daughter. I spied a
nice old yellow bug up ahead.
I pulled up, the driver young, waved back. I noticed the over sized Tach on
the dash and pulled a head of him.
Many miles later, I came on to one of my favorite corners and a great
accelleration straight away. Accellerating into the corner and flooring the
car, I looked back at the tiny little bug.. Poor thing.
At 75 a few seconds later I looked back. Hummmm. Strange. He's closer than
he should be. Is my car working correctly?...
About 2 miles later as I came up on the exit for a dinner stop. I looked
back to see him motion me over.
We stopped. The first thing I said was "Its not stock is it   :)"
It was a 2.3L air cooled engine with twin dual webbers. Sheesh. No wonder!
He had had a MKI and loved the car. The axel broke loose and the car was
scrapped. Did I know of another?

He might be calling tomorrow on the Red Rocc. I told him of the list as he
is teaching body work. handy man to have around eh?

What a buzz  :)

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
Internet Application Developer