Help save my (our) Sciroccos from insurance companies

My insurance company has asked me to compile proof of the value of my car in
order to not total it.  The problem is that they won?t give me any
information on what it is that they need.  It is all based on subjective
decision making.  I need to collect information on similar equipped cars and
the selling price of them.  I am sure that some of you have gone trough this
before and hopefully some have been successful.  I am also looking for how
to get a car appraised.  It appears the ?Appraisal? is done just as I am
doing now, Proof of Value.  I know we all feel what cars are worth but I
need is what the insurance company calls ?Legitimate? and ?Reliable? value.
I think that if we pull together that we can provide that proof that our
cars are not just 17 year old pieces of junk.

I would also like to compile this information and make it available to the
list so that any other Scirocco owners don?t suffer the same fate.  There is
force in numbers.  I know some of you are going through this right now.  I
would be willing, as I am going thru it anyways, to help collect and
organize the information for us to post on our web site.  If any one knows
or has information on cars that have been modified and their selling price
that would be appreciated.  Has any one been successful on getting an
appraisal and how did you go about?

Donald Walter
Applications Engineer
W250 S3161 Center Road
Waukesha, WI 53189
Phone: 262.896.1819
Cell: 920.723.9573
email: dswalterwi@earthlink.net

Providing:
AutoCAD Drafting, Design, Customization, and Training
AutoLISP programming
CAD Management and PDM Implementation