starter questions

I think all you need is about 2 1/2 to 3 feet for the positive side and
about 34 inches for the ground side if you go from the neg terminal to
the front most tranny bolt like I did.  Since the backside of the 16v's
always seem to be where the gunk ends up, when replacing my ground cable
I just moved it to the tranny bolt up front for better access for
cleaning among a bit of lazyness.

I also when to 2 gage cable for the ground wire and 4 gage for the
positive side.  Prollie should have done both in 2 gage but I did them
at seperate times and that was the types avail when I went to get them.
Inccidnetly, since I made those changes, my 16v has started on the very
first movement of the key like clock-work.

William S
--
88' Scirocco 16v (Crabby 16v)
89' Cabriolet 8v (pretty bunneh)