wolfsburg or not wolfsburg

This isn't unusual - small spare/large tank cutover ocurred at E-022 075,
during January 1984 production.

The car in question is an '84 with small spare/large tank, but it's not a
Wolfsburg (sales code s706) with some of the characteristic 84 Wolfie
features like pinstriped cloth upholstery inserts, body-coloured
bumpers/mirrors(electric), large rear spoiler (and sports steering wheel
:-) )

By the time the end of the 84 model year run (July 31 84) VW was likely
dipping into the 85 parts bin, which may be why you'll see non-Wolfsburg
'84s with large spoilers.

I have an 84 on either side of the changeover - the Wolfsburg is a late 84
with large tank/small spare, and the waiting-to-be restored 84 is an early
84, with large spare/small tank, small spoiler, A/C, power mirrors,
sliding roof.

According to ETKA the 84 Wolfsburg was available in Flash Silver, Mars
Red, Montego Black, and Alpine White.

Drew

|  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |
|    http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd       |