better mpg and a new nephew quote

Today was the first trip since I put in the 268 cam and I got the best
gas mileage I gotten since I been using the 4K - 32 mpg.  Mostly highway
at 70-80, but I did get lost in Alexandria and I let John drive on some
suburban roads for 45 minutes.  I changed a few things so it hard to
tell what made the difference.
1. stock hydro cam to a 268 tt
2. new tires and alignment
3. run 6* advance instead of 12*
4. spraying Kroll (stuff like PB blaster) in #1 cylinder.  I did that
because I was having some oil around #1 spark plug.  I've driven about
400 miles since I "krolled" the cylinder and I have not seen anymore
oil, but I don't remember how long it took for the oil to show up.

John wants to keep the 82 Scirocco, which makes me happy.  He can drive
a stick better now, so he is much more comfortable driving.  I was
giving him pointer today on where to have his hands on the steering
wheel.  In drivers ed, they told him to put his hands at 4 and 8 o'clock
so that his arms would not be hurt if the airbag goes off.  I had him at
10 and 2 and he asked what happens if the air bags goes off.  When I
told him the car didn't have one, he first asked what happens if you hit
somebody then paused and said,"I guess since these car handle so well,
you probably won't hit something in the first place."  - That a boy! You
got the idea.
--
Kervin
86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80% and lots of other numbers and letters