MK1 Headlight Savers

I've got a set on my 84 Scirocco's Euro headlights.  They are quite thick,
and protect well, however I had the right main beam lense crack right
across, possibly because of heat buildup with the protector in place.  On
the plus side, the crack is sealed by the protector, and no moisture has
clouded the lense, so I haven't replaced it.

I aslo bough a set for my winter beater Jetta with A2 16V 4 rounds grille.
I haven't installed them yet though, as I have one light to replace (have
the replacement, just haven't installed it) and I'm a little worried about
heat buildup with the driving light lenses, as I have 100W h3's in the
driving lights.  The Scirocco only has 55/65 bulbs.

All in all, if it saves taking a stone in Euros, they're worth taking the
risk on a crack.  I think the Euro H4 lenses must be more prone to
cracking, as the A2 4-round grille went through 2 main lenses when it was
on my 92 Golf from cold water hitting the hot headlight,

Drew

--
|  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |