in case you didnt catch it on the vortex...

>M question is: it says you used MSD 6AL /and/ the 16v
>knock-sensing ignition. I thought the MSD was a
>stand-alone ignition, no? Why both? Sorry, I missed
>most of the previous Megasquirt conversaion, if it was
>covered there. "Go search" is a valid response. :)

the msd 6al is not a standalone system,  hehe i wish!  nah its just like any
ol msd amplifier with a built in rev limiter.  However for me personally
standalone ignition is definately the way to go.  Im looking into a DTA
ignition system and ditching all the $$ ive dumped into msd and the knock
sensing stuff.

sean