Cold engine problem - 16V.

I recently got my car to run right, and now I got a new problem.  Until the engine is warm, whenever I shift into third I can feel the power "lay down" and it's real sluggish.  It happens in 4th and 5th too, but is really noticable in third.  Doesn't feel like it happens in 1st and 2nd, but it could be because the are geared so short that it's not noticable.  Once the engine is warm, no problems.  Anyone ever have this happen?