MK1 Headlight Problem

Cory,

If you have voltage at the plug that drops like that when the lights
turn on, there is a good possibility that the wiring is faulty
somewhere.  Usually stuff like that is attributed to grounds... could be
that the circuit is only being completed by a few strands of wire?

As a test, take a piece of wire and plug it into the + on the battery
(careful not to touch anything on the chassis or engine) and then touch
the power lead at the lowbeam headlight plug (the yellow lead for low
and white lead for high), if the lights come on like normal then you
have a problem of the wires feeding the light.   Another test would be
to touch the - on the battery to the ground lead at the headlight plug
(while the headlight is turned on from inside the car) and if it
brightens up then its your ground wire.

Either way, sounds to me like a good excuse to relay your lights.  =)

Andre'
Nogaro Green 79 Scirocco
Brazil Brown Metallic 79 Scirocco (original clutch is about to go)
Kirkland WA
ICQ #76283458
http://mk1scirocco.com  -= Just moved to a T-1 =-
http://www.nwmicrobrews.com  GOT BEER?