[mechanic has stolen my 'rocco(really long rant)]

Motherly advice from a mother:
First, you still have the "paperwork" for the car, right? You didn't sign=
 it
over in any way? Then report it stolen. I'd say the Michelin sticker sigh=
ting
is proof that it's yours and someone else has it. Do it. =

Second, to Courtney, excellent advice, but so you know, using the word "n=
arc"
can get you in trouble if it is ever taken as "threatening a witness" in =
criminal investigation...ask me how I know this. Serious enough to get yo=
thrown into jail actually.

Then, to the "victim". Only you know how "connected" your group of friend=
s is
to this "mechanic". But ask yourself how many of them would stick with yo=
u if
something really bad happened to you, like if you were in a coma, how man=
would be at your bedside, or if you were in jail across the state, who'd
visit, that sort of thing. If they'd dump you, then dump them. This may b=
e a
wake up call, stand back and take a good look at things, you sure can't g=
o on
having stuff like this happen. (and if it's a rough crowd you hang with, =
it'll
keep on happening) But that just totally sucks. And after the money you p=
ut
in, the car should be approaching perfection. So get it back! But look at=
 the
big picture too. =

BTW, I had my first 16V engine "stolen" from the dealer. But even though =
the
whole story was hard to swallow, they made it right. It was in over keywa=
issues too. And for the record, I'm driving the headache this weekend bec=
ause
it the most reliable thing I own at the moment. Seriously. =

 =

Cathy
PS Fate has sure got a sense of humour, a warped one.

Dubdaze68@aol.com wrote:
> I seriously can't win......first, after 3 years and $7,000 just in rout=
ine =

 =

> Scirocco as my daily driver.  With this car, I recieved a stack of reci=
epts

 =

> recieved.  The PO needed to sell the 'rocco to put a new VR6 into his =

> Corrado, and maintain the beautiful Volvo P1800 Coupe that he inherited=
 from

> his wifes father.  I had always wanted a Scirocco 16v, as it was a drea=
m car

> from my youth.  It felt like karma....until I realized that fate has a =
sense

> of humor.  My Cabriolet still sits in the garage, because the Karmann c=
oupe

> curse has taken firm hold.  Just when you think that you can replace no=
thing

> else on the car, something seems REALLY wrong...you chalk it up to free=
zing

 =

> mechanic tells you there's something wrong with the throttle sensor pla=
te, =

> even though you KNOW that's not what's wrong with it.  2 months go by w=
ith =

> your car running like a dog, and then some lame ass mofo breaks into yo=
ur
car =

> to get a worthless jacket, a radio that only cost you 150.00 when you b=
ought

> it back in 1998,(and yes, the face wasn't on it, the guy went searching=
 for

> it), a wet dry vac, (which I recovered in the alley the next day) a tub=
e of

> toothpaste and a toothbrush(which was used....wtf would he use that for=
),
and =

> who knows what else...take it to a guy an hour and a half away from her=
e to

> get it fixed, because I needed a whole new center console, ( it was sit=
ting

> on the drivers side seat), and a front quarter window, and he had a par=
ts =

> 'rocco. while I was there, and this is a mechanic my friend uses and ne=
ver =

 =

> WAAAAYYY off, crank pulley key is stripped, and the camshaft pulley is =

> cracked...pay cash, up front, because he says he can have it done in 2 =
days,

> and waited...kept me informed, fixed a whole lot of little things, and =

> then....nothing....haven't heard from him in a week, haven't had my car=
 in 2

> weeks, he won't return my phone calls, and I read in the paper last wee=
that =

> he was picked up in a huge drug sting operation in that =

> county...yay......that, and the other day, a friend called to ask me if=
had =

> a white sticker on my drivers rear quarter window, I said yeah(it's
Bibendum, =

> the Michelin Man), and he said that my car just passed him going the ot=
her =

> way down the road, and my friend couldn't turn around to catch it..On t=
he up

> side, his father told my friend that the mechanic said that it runs lik=
e a =