mechanic has stolen my 'rocco(really long rant)

I seriously can't win......first, after 3 years and $7,000 just in routine
maintenance, the end is still nowhere in sight....I bought this car to
replace my Cabriolet, which I intended to modify and restore, using the
Scirocco as my daily driver.  With this car, I recieved a stack of reciepts
dating back to the early 90's, showing the excellent care that this car
recieved.  The PO needed to sell the 'rocco to put a new VR6 into his
Corrado, and maintain the beautiful Volvo P1800 Coupe that he inherited from
his wifes father.  I had always wanted a Scirocco 16v, as it was a dream car
from my youth.  It felt like karma....until I realized that fate has a sense
of humor.  My Cabriolet still sits in the garage, because the Karmann coupe
curse has taken firm hold.  Just when you think that you can replace nothing
else on the car, something seems REALLY wrong...you chalk it up to freezing
weather, because that's when it started.  NO>>>>>can't be that simple.
mechanic tells you there's something wrong with the throttle sensor plate,
even though you KNOW that's not what's wrong with it.  2 months go by with
your car running like a dog, and then some lame ass mofo breaks into your car
to get a worthless jacket, a radio that only cost you 150.00 when you bought
it back in 1998,(and yes, the face wasn't on it, the guy went searching for
it), a wet dry vac, (which I recovered in the alley the next day) a tube of
toothpaste and a toothbrush(which was used....wtf would he use that for), and
who knows what else...take it to a guy an hour and a half away from here to
get it fixed, because I needed a whole new center console, ( it was sitting
on the drivers side seat), and a front quarter window, and he had a parts
'rocco. while I was there, and this is a mechanic my friend uses and never
has problems with, I ask him to check the timing, and sure enough, it's
WAAAAYYY off, crank pulley key is stripped, and the camshaft pulley is
cracked...pay cash, up front, because he says he can have it done in 2 days,
and waited...kept me informed, fixed a whole lot of little things, and
then....nothing....haven't heard from him in a week, haven't had my car in 2
weeks, he won't return my phone calls, and I read in the paper last week that
he was picked up in a huge drug sting operation in that
county...yay......that, and the other day, a friend called to ask me if I had
a white sticker on my drivers rear quarter window, I said yeah(it's Bibendum,
the Michelin Man), and he said that my car just passed him going the other
way down the road, and my friend couldn't turn around to catch it..On the up
side, his father told my friend that the mechanic said that it runs like a
new car....I'm gonna go cry now......

Patrick Boyle

'87 Scirocco 16v
'87 Cabriolet