Cherry Bomb was rear muffler dimensions anyone?

Hi Drew;
    I just now realized that you were going to install the muffler on a two
and a half inch exhaust system behind a Diesel Turbo, why a muffler ???? For
over a year I have been running my 1981 VW Rabbit Turbo diesel 1600 with a
two and a quarter inch pipe my muffler man built from the yoke that attaches
to the down pipe and exits out just behind the drivers side rear tire. It
has no muffler but it cant wake my neighbors and doesn't attract the law.
Diesel exhaust isn't as loud as gas and with the turbo a straight pipe is
quieter than most any gas exhaust that isn't board stock
Brian Decker
1979 Scirocco
1981 Rabbit PU with 1600 turbo diesel