Shawn Meze and the progress of Victor Jr. on it's path Eastward....

I talked Shawn Meze about an hour and a half ago, at the time he was 20 miles from New Mexico.
He'll get past Albuquerque tonight, sleep in the Suburban transport vehicle, and head towards Mike
and Kim VanAmburgh's tomorrow, in Sedalia, MO.

FYI, Shawn is towing Victor Jr. (my already-bought, sight-unseen red '81S, rust and dent free!
woohoo!) to VanAmburgh's, where he'll fetch his already-bought, sight-unseen, goldish MkII
Scirocco convertible, and tote that home to San Diego.  About 30 hrs drive each way, solo.

Let's hope his covertible has a better trip from MO than it did going there...remember Rick and
Merrille Alexander had a bit of an...uhhh..."event" with it when toting it westward from Rick's
home in New England (what...Connecticut?  them states are so darned SMALL up there).  I saw the
aftermath.  Besides the dents on the 'roc, Rick left a good souvenir in the street in front of my
house, including some non-Ohio clay and a fair bit of Diesel Juice... (don't worry Rick, the
stain's almost gone...see? http://w3.one.net/~rapieper/Rons019.JPG).

Anyhow, my point being...a guy I've never met checks out the car and sends me photos, the PO
drives it to SD to the home of another guy I've never met, who holds it for nearly two months and
then tows it halfway across the US of A to the house of yet another guy I've never met, who'll
hold it for me 'til I get there prolly next week.  All for a little gas money.

Thanks to Ken Weidmann, Mike and Kim VanAmburgh, and mostly Shawn Meze.

What a list.

Ron