need beta testers (tie-rod relocation)

--0-1817808147-1051113049=:35913

The step-spacer thing reminds me of a website I saw of a girl doing the exact same thing to her rocc. She made a website detailing the procedure and had pictures of the spacer she had machined. It sounded like it was much better quality than the one you mentioned. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I think I saw this website from scirocco.org but I don't remember. Dan

"Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@comcast.net> wrote:Okay, I need three burly Sciroccos of outstanding technical character to
volunteer for some parts beta testing. I've got some preliminary
arrangements put together with a machinist for the parts needed to lessen
our lowered car's bumpsteer problems. -those being the bushings needed to
relocate the tie-rods to the bottom of the spindle arms.

Pricing is not yet set in stone, but I figure that the it'd come to around
$20 or so. On top of that, you'll have to remove your hub assemblies so that
the arms can be drilled out and the bushings can be inserted. Anybody want
to step up and try this out?

For some pictures of exactly what I'm talking about, check out this webpage:

Let me be clear, though. Right now, we're only discussing the bushings to
relocate the tie-rods. -not the spacers to move the a-arms down. Also, this
particular guy's spacers are absolutely *not* safe. The sharp "steps" on his
parts are crack prone. In fact, the fellow emailed me and told me that one
of his spacers did snap!

Anyway, if anybody is interested, just let me know. However, I'd rather put
these in the hands of the motorsports type guys first.

Thanks,
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut