slow car-how to test cis-e/ignition?

my car has suddenly become slow; checked the usual things (timing, mixture)
and found no problems (my timing light IS broken--the advance advances at
~double the rate on the dial).  knock box advance is also working. tested
temp sensor and potentiometer for kicks; sensor's ok, pot is a little off.
i don't think this is a big deal, as i think it's only used for cold weather
enrichment, but someone please correct me if i'm wrong. injector quick check
ok.  compression is high and even x 4. tested the harness at the cis-e box,
and everything checked out. full throttle enrichment works as it's supposed
to. so i'm basically thinking that i have an ignition or fuel problem at
high rpm (this is where it's most noticeable). how do i check this? how do i
see, for example, if i'm intermittantly missing spark at 5k rpm? fuel
delivery should be easier; i'm guessing if i raise the air flow sensor and
measure the injector output, that should tell me overall if i'm getting
enough fuel or not (how do i do this? bentley calls for the old "special
tool").  other than being slow, the car runs fine. i can't hear any misses,
and it revs smoothly all the way to redline. only thing is i have rare (once
every few weeks) trouble with hot starting; i wouldn't even mention it
otherwise. any ideas? i'm stumped--i don't think anything's broken, but i do
think something's not quite right. i just don't know how to find it...

oh-new plugs, good cap/rotor, new fuel filter, k&n cleaned last month,
decent grounds (5-9 ohm drop from +/- cable to alt) with new ground/body
strap, though i still don't have a new + cable yet.

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA-->Soon to be New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...