vibration/shudder at 70 - possible alternatives (other than wheel balance?)

now that you mention that, when I had the 88 16v I did have the same thing
around 70 MPH but it was intermittent, eventually one day at a red light
turning green the inner passenger side cv joint just blew up..

I still think we never addressed the bushings on the sway bar...