Wheel Bearing Replacement

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C307EB.141538F0

I'm getting ready to do my own front wheel bearing replacement on my '84 =
scirocco and I remember coming across a procedure someone place on their =
web site.  Does anyone know the website I talking about?

I'm also looking for a list of tools that I'm going to need (minus a =
machine press) to perform this and well as any miscellaneous parts I may =
need.

A friend of mine suggested a method that did not require a machine press =
for the bearing.  First step is to get the old bearing out of the =
housing using whatever brutal method you choose.  He made the point that =
the bearing is going to be replaced anyway, so mangle the old one if =
necessary to get it out.  The second step is to place the new bearing in =
the freezer for a while.  The third step is to place the housing in the =
oven.  With the difference between the hot expanded metal and the cold =
bearing, the new bearing will slip right in.  Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Eric Singer
'84 8v Scirocco
Trinity, NC
------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C307EB.141538F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm getting ready to do my own front =
wheel bearing=20
replacement on my '84 scirocco and I remember coming across a procedure =
someone=20
place on their web site.&nbsp; Does anyone know the website I talking=20
about?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm also looking for a list of tools =
that I'm going=20
to need (minus a machine press) to perform this and well as any =
miscellaneous=20
parts I may need.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A friend of mine suggested a method =
that did not=20
require a machine press for the bearing.&nbsp; First step is to get the =
old=20
bearing out of the housing using whatever brutal method you =
choose.&nbsp; He=20
made the point that the bearing is going to be replaced anyway, so =
mangle the=20
old one if necessary to get it out.&nbsp; The second step is to place =
the new=20
bearing in the freezer for a while.&nbsp; The third step is to place the =
housing=20
in the oven.&nbsp; With the difference between the hot expanded metal =
and the=20
cold bearing, the new bearing will slip right in.&nbsp; Has anyone tried =

this?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Eric Singer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>'84 8v Scirocco</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Trinity, NC</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C307EB.141538F0--