Good day today

I took my nephew out for his first open road stick shift drive today in
my 86.  he  only stalled a few times and there weren't any life
threatening events so it was great.  It almost brought a tear to my eye
when he said, "Uncle Kervin, the steering in your car feels great!"
After that, I decided to let him take the long way back to his house :)
He also got a part time job at the local Texaco station, so I won't need
to worry about his car passing the local emissions test.
I also had my first stop light race.  It was with a MK2 16v Gti.  I
didn't win, but it was fun anyway.  He had some sort of gauge on the a
pillar and I think he was on the bottle.  We were even through 1 gear,
but he started walking away when we hit second.  His rear bumper was
even with my front when we got to 70 and I backed off.  I'll have to
leave my tools (150 lbs) and my nephew (260 lbs) at home for my next
run.  It did make me think about running something other than a stock
cam.  Well, maybe next month.
--
Kervin
86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80% and lots of other numbers and letters