Crossmember brace install

Well, let me toss in my 2 cents here.

If you didn't see Kevin's cracks .. go to the org site and look at them.
Point is, just because there are cracks they won't stop - they will
eventually when all the stress has gone out of the crossmember .. but by
that point there won't be much left of it.

The cracks came from non existing less than 6 months ago to what they are
now - pictures are on my site (at the bottom)
www.imaginehow.com/scirocco16v.htm

Seeing how bad they can get (Kevin's car) and where mine are at I'd say
there's plenty room for them to grow. If there bar is in there and they stop
getting bigger you can assume one of two things .. the bar worked or the
cracks stopped on their own. I'll side with the bar if things work out.

If I make it to Cincy you can all even look at it in person. I'm measuring
everything before it goes in.

Oh, questions regarding the wires at the front .. worried? Move em, it's not
like they're permanent in that spot ;-)

- snip -
but I don't have the time or money to put it to that kind of scientific
test.  The car in question is Tobias's car, it cracked with a stock 1.8 and
a blown trans, it now has a 2.0 just recently and a 2H with a quaife...and
tobias is anything but easy on his cars.