Crossmember brace install

A. I agree about the shop possibly installing the motor mount wrong

B. Your wrong, the cup gets pushed upward from engine torque.

C. In an ideal world with unlimited resources, sure, but sorry, someone with pre-existing cracks isn't going to want to just "let it go".  If you don't feel its a valid test, I understand, but I don't have the time or money to put it to that kind of scientific test.  The car in question is Tobias's car, it cracked with a stock 1.8 and a blown trans, it now has a 2.0 just recently and a 2H with a quaife...and tobias is anything but easy on his cars.  I had to talk him out of welding the cracks so he would test the bar.  In good faith, if the cracks get worse, I am paying out of pocket to help him weld the member.  Given that his car already has a weakened crossmember, and has new found power and *torque* to the wheels, I feel it is a MORE valid test of what kind of loads the bar can handle.

---However, if someone with pre-existing cracks of a similar length, a similar drive train and a mk2 whats to be the control vehicle, mesauring their cracks and re-measuring in 3 months, thats is fine with me--- Any volunteers?

D. Lets talk again in 3 months once Tobias has beat the piss out of his car and comes back to us ALL with the results, mmmmmmkay?

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg