Kinda OT, anyone in the Boston Mass area that wouldn't mind helping afellow A1 owner?

My wife recently asked me to look into something.  A lady on her cabby
forums recently ran into some engine problems and she found herself in a
spot.  She's picked up a new cabrio so that she has something to drive
but definitly wants to have her older cabby back among the living.

The mechanic she went told her she blew a piston.  She sources a motor
for about $350 and now her mechanic want to charge her $750 to do the
swap.  Maybe I'm wrong but $750 for an 8v swap out seems a bit high to
me.

So I'm thinking that since she's at least a fellow A1 owner and loves
that car a lot, maybe someone in that area might be willing to look at
things for her or suggest a better mechanic or even have a little engine
swap party, who knows.  If anyone is willing to help with information or
whatever, please e-mail me off list.  She's in MA about 15 min north of
Boston, in Malden.

William
--
http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)