any techies out there? does this give any power gain or is it just BS?

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 10:01:20AM +0100, Adam J Garside wrote:
> Any ideas on this one?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2411110899
>
> I know a guy who bought one for his 106 GTi, he said it feels quicker, I
> dunno if it's just a psychological thing though?

Sure, for CIS-E, like the 16Vs.  Techtonics sells one for over a hundred
bucks,  consisting of a regular old relay, an 1100 ohm resistor, and some
stock connectors so you don't need to cut into your wiring.  Their dyno
tests show a 11 hp gain.  You can build one in maybe 5 minutes from 5
bucks worth of radioshack parts.

Dan

--
Chief test pilot, M&M E&A Sub-Supersonic Invisible and Noiseless Defensive
Second-Strike Offensive Attack Bomber.