any techies out there? does this give any power gain or is it just BS?

First, a resistor is NOT a chip, the guy is dumb or a liar.

£2.00?  You could lose more, I guess.

But, yes, fooling the ECU can work to increase HP, but at best this is a hack patch.  Not really
different than the KE-Jet "power module" but at least that waits until the WOT switch is closed
before it lies to the ECU (regarding coolant temp not intake air temp, but WTH).  You wouldn't
want this fooling the ECU all the time, I think.

Ron