Major clutch pedal problems

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp; I have something of a problem with my '88 16v and need some help.&nbsp; The other day when I went to push the clutch pedal in, it just kept going, all the way to the floor and stayed there.&nbsp; It almost felt like something had snapped.&nbsp; And the fact that the pedal is stuck on the floor leads me to believe the clutch cable broke or the pedal cluster&nbsp;broke.&nbsp; But I am not to sure that is it and Bentley did not have much to say on the topic either.&nbsp; </P>
<P>&nbsp; Afew other things that might help is&nbsp;after&nbsp;I would let the clutch in I would hear a clicking noise.&nbsp; Also when in first or second gear&nbsp; I would give the engine some gas and let off the gas pedal, almost like engine breaking but &lt;30 mph, I would&nbsp;get the same sound.&nbsp;&nbsp;This might be something totally different form my current problems.&nbsp; Another thing that might helpful to note would be last night&nbsp;I gave the clutch cable a pull and found that I could pull it a few inches away from the pedal but not from the trans.&nbsp; &nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; Anyway, thanks for your help with this and I will let you know what I find out.&nbsp; It is times like these I am glad to part of the list and that my car weighs less then 2200 lbs.&nbsp; </P>