Great News!

Vince Royer wrote:

<snip>
> We will be putting a high comp 1.8l 8V out of a 1992 GTI into it.  Should
> all bolt up the same, correct?  The injection has been stripped from the
> motor.  Will the header bolted to this 1.7 bolt right up?  It Should, IIRC.
> Anything I should prepare myself for?  We'll be doing a new clutch as
> well...
>
> Vince

You may have different injector buckets to unscrew from the donor
motor and swap the old ones in. They are some gigantic MM size hex but
off hand I don't remember- I just found some nuts and a bolt and
double nutted them out. <watch it now>

The head will bolt up to a downpipe that fits a 1.7 so the header
should be OK also.

Good work!

TBerk