interesting things learned this weekend

Mk1 and mk2 steering columns are 100% interchangeable.  The lower
bearing had slipped out of the column on mk1, making this lovely
clunking noise every time I made a three point turn.

Mk1 and mk2 fuel accumulators have a $30 difference in price and
different P/Ns, but are interchangeable as well.  I couldn't figure this
one out at all.  There are no visual differences, and the fittings are
the same.  I snagged one off an '84 to replace my leaky '78's.

Putting the rubber horn cover back on a mk1 steering wheel is akin to
solving a rubik's cube.

Using an air impact wrench I can change both front springs in about 20
minutes total (yay for me).  Camber be damned.

Joe Doty
IT/Development
joe@lcnetwork.com=20