toe-in

> Front tires are wearing prematurely on the inside
> tread.

That suggests that you are running too much negative camber.

> I know I saw a reference to adjusting toe-in recently
> but can't find it now .. can I do this myself,

Setting toe requires adjusting the tierod ends. -pretty easy to adjust, but
you'll need some way of knowing where the wheels are pointed.

> what are the toe-in specs for an 84 rocco?

Zero! Point those suckers straight ahead for best results on the street. For
autocross use, you could point them out very slightly, but I wouldn't do
that for a daily driver.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut