[RE: [Re: a Scirocco list CALL TO ACTION!!!]]

I agree with Dan, "Cheque Book cars" really irritate me. I know people =
that
If they became millionaires tomorrow, they'd buy a brand new Ferrari.
They'd maybe send off their present car and not want it back till it's
finished.

I think I'd invest in a huge workshop with all the tools and facilities=

required, I'd then learn what I need to do from professionals. Then I'd=

still have the pride in myself to say "I built that car" & "it looks li=
ke
that because I put my sweat and blood into it"
Also (like most men) I love tools and gadgets, so the thought of stocki=
ng
up a workshop with no expense spared sounds good to me!

Just my opinion,
Adam.

                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                      Dan Smith                                        =
                                                                =20
                      <sad_rocc@yahoo.co        To:       scirocco-l@sc=
irocco.org                                                      =20
                      m>                        cc:                    =
                                                                =20
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: [RE: [Re:=
 a Scirocco list CALL TO ACTION!!!]]                            =20
                      scirocco-l-admin@s                               =
                                                                =20
                      cirocco.org                                      =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                      11/04/2003 08:40                                 =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20

Nah, most people here seem to do their own stuff. I know a few of you h=
ave
taken your cars to the shop for the PITA stuff but that's it. Tobias di=
dn't
call his body shop and go hey, throw these bimmer lights in for me. Bri=
an
rebuilt his engine 50 times himself. Allyn painted his own rims. Ect, e=
ct
you get the idea. Coming from Albany, I get irked when I hear punks tal=
king
about how they've spent $30,000 on their car for paint, enginework,
bodykit, ect. Any schmuck can pick parts out of a catalogue and go up t=
o a
garage and say here, put this in. I have respect for everyone here beca=
use
when it comes time to wrench on your car, you all put in the blood, swe=
at
and tears. Guess that's why our cars are better than everyone elses! ;)=

Dan

Shawn c Meze <skerocdriver@juno.com> wrote:

 On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:59:09 -0500 "Rhett Farnum"
 writes:
 > Damn Right Dan!!
 >
 > This is what its all about:
 >
 > "Wanna impress me? Do your own damn work. Want me to think you're
 > just
 > another ricer with too much money? Pay your bodyman to build your
 > showcar."

 Owww, your stepping on a few peeps toes here... funny tho.

 Shawn M=E9ze --> does his own work! Baaahdaow!!!
 86' Jetta GLi 8V 88' Corvette -AS- #30 2002 SDR Solo2 Champion
 Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project=

 FSP
 The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of=

 San Diego!

Do you Yahoo!?

=