From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Joe Doty
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 7:48 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: RE: a Scirocco list CALL TO ACTION!!!

Mine and others' experiences have been that a large percentage of
mk3/mk4 "enthusiasts" are primarily interested in wheels 17" or larger,
body kits, spoilers, stereo systems, and the like.  I just can't relate
to people with this mentality.

A1s are for repairing, modifying, and driving.    Mk3s and Mk4s are for
hauling kids and groceries.  Flame on! :)

> I own a Mk3 GTI along with my Mk1 Scirocco.  What are you trying to
say?
> think your issue might be with the fact that the Brit Mags (sorry to
> generalize) favor Golfs and only Golfs for the most part.  I myself am
> VW
> fan, always have been, and I've owned one from every mark (just
co-bought
> Mk4 Jetta with my Fiance)in the A family (no Passats or Vans yet).  I
> don't
> appreciate any VW fan saying anything bad about any VW.  It's all
about
> being open-minded enough to appreciate all of the VW products that are
out
> there.  It's a shame about the wank who wrote the letter, but I don't
see
> stooping to their level.  Make sense?  Sorry for the psudeo-rant.

Joe Doty
IT/Development
joe@lcnetwork.com