[My 80 is alive... Again!]

Benjamin Harder <vwtype53@yahoo.com> wrote:
For those following my engine rebuild saga... just a week ago my 80 came =
to =

life for the first time all winter with the freshly rebuild 2.0 16v I had=

spent all winter working on... only for it to blow up within 50 miles!
The machine shop had resized one of the rods... and *that* rod spun a
bearing!
(that's an issue I will deal with later)

This morning I go into the garage around 11:00am, looking at my poor engi=
ne
in pieces...again.  I get to work reassembling everything...my "new" cran=
and
rods, along with new bearings and such... somehow get the
engine back into the car by myself... and by 7:00pm am ready to turn the =
key.
(that time includes breaks for lunch and dinner too!)

Well, I started the engine first try... and ended up driving it for 30 mi=
les.
So far so good... but now I'm sooo skeptical about what else might go wro=
ng
that I'm not getting my hopes too high just yet.  I plan to drive the car=

much more in the next few days, so I'll keep posting... but had to share =
the
initial good news so far!

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v
80 Scirocco 16v
93 Passat GLX

So guys/gals - does Ben get the List Award of Merit here or what? That's =
(at
least) three 2L installs in a month, and from what I hear, he's not stopp=
ing
there. (and that's not counting the rebuilding) So congrats Ben, hope it =
works
out well, you sure deserve it. I'm amazed at how you could do that alone,=
 but
I've seen you work, it's amazing! =

Cathy, member of the Benjamin Harder fan club...