What to use for engine bay gunk?

<snip>

Allyn wrote:

> purple power, occasional burst of carb cleaner
> need wood scraper on extreme cv grease/tar/sand build up
> Al

Purple Power is the stuff, I used it to clean my head (not that head),
(NO, not _that_ head either, the 8v one).  I find it will strip most
all the gunk off, you might need a soft bristle brush of better yet
one of those little bar-b-q mops to scrub the stuff off.

 Note: right after you rinse well you will want to coat with a light
wax solution (dilute some good wax in a bucket) and swab the cleaned
area, later dry rub with a rag or two to remove extra amount.

Of course actually waxing like normal is even better. (But what's
normal?) Can you imagine: "What are ya doin buddy?"  "I'm waxing my
engine bay...".

Point is you'll be stripping the existing wax off of the engine bay,
you'll want to recoat it to protect it going forward.

TBerk