My 80 is alive... Again!

For those following my engine rebuild saga... just a week ago my 80 came to
life for the first time all winter with the freshly rebuild 2.0 16v I had
spent all winter working on... only for it to blow up within 50 miles!
The machine shop had resized one of the rods... and *that* rod spun a bearing!
(that's an issue I will deal with later)

This morning I go into the garage around 11:00am, looking at my poor engine
in pieces...again.  I get to work reassembling everything...my "new" crank and
rods, along with new bearings and such... somehow get the
engine back into the car by myself... and by 7:00pm am ready to turn the key.
(that time includes breaks for lunch and dinner too!)

Well, I started the engine first try... and ended up driving it for 30 miles.
So far so good... but now I'm sooo skeptical about what else might go wrong
that I'm not getting my hopes too high just yet.  I plan to drive the car
much more in the next few days, so I'll keep posting... but had to share the
initial good news so far!

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v