header wrap, or cermaic coating?

Scott, a heat soaked manifold won't make much of a difference... it's where the air is drawn from that makes the biggest difference.  Air going through the intake manifold is traveling at around 5 ft. per second at WOT, not nearly enough time for the manifold to affect it any.  Idle may be a different story, though.  We did an experiment like this once with a NA 2nd gen. RX-7 and some thermocouples (is that what they're called?), and I don't remember numbers, but the difference (heat soaked vs. ice cooled) was negligable.