What's the deal with the missing taillight bulbs on US roccs?

actually if you look at this tech note (refering to
the corner lights on euro tailights) you will find
that the corner look quite acceptable at night, and I
have yet to fail any inspection because they have no
"reflectors" on the corners.

tech note of course is at:

<http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/Technotes/eurotailights/index.html>

yep, done it...